Mr Marzola's Classroom Blog

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Dear Mr. A's Class

The Egypt Game

By Zilpha Keatley Snyder
Reviewed by Rebecca Reisberg
Realistic Fiction
4 out of 5 stars

The Egypt Game is about six kids, and an octopus, that have exciting adventures in a place called Egypt which turns out to be the Professor's back yard. Then some not so happy things happen but ...I'm not going to tell you about them. When they are able to enjoy Egypt again these history-crazed kids find themselves wondering if they will ever enjoy it again.

This book was good. I found myself very happy when I came upon the sequel The Gypsy Game. I gave thins book four out of five stars for four reasons: 1. it was exciting 2. it was suspenseful 3. it was dramatic 4. it was just a great book. One thing I didn't like was on one page in my book it looked like it said "unpatriotie" but it should have said "unpatriotic". I also didn't like how one of the kids who joined later, kept on trying to take over everything. But I still liked it.