Mr Marzola's Classroom Blog

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Egypt Game reviewed by Holly

Genre: Realistic fiction
Title: The Egypt Game
Author: Zilpa Keatly Snyder
Reviewed by: Holly Rothweiler

Dear Mr. A's class, here is my book review on the Egypt Game book. I hope you enjoy it.

Egypt. The place where very interesting things happen. 2 kids, Melanie and April start playing the Egypt Game in a deserted yard they call Egypt. They are both very different people but they both find they are very interested in Ancient Egypt. The deserted yard they stumble upon is the back yard of a store called A-Z antique shop owned by a mysterious old man named Professor.

After a while there are 6 players of the Egypt game. They have ceremonies, make costumes, create secret names, and a hieroglyphic code. But strange things start to happen to the 6 players of the Egypt game including a murder.

This book was just ok. I cant say it was one of my favorite books I have ever read because just did not interest me very much. It did get more interesting as the book went because mysterious things happened but there was not very many times these sort of things happened. I also did not like how it kept you at a cliff hanger at the end of each chapter. If you really like things that have to do with Ancient Egypt and you like mysteries this book is right for you. I give this book a four out of five.