Mr Marzola's Classroom Blog

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Egypt Game/ Anna Messenger

Title: The Egypt Game
Author: Zilpha Keatley Snyder
Genre: Realistic Fiction
Reviewed By: Anna Messenger
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Dear Mr. A's Class,


A book you should read is The Egypt Game. This book is about a girl named April and how she had to move to a new town to live with her grandmother. As she is with her grandmother she begins to make friends. She and her friends end up wondering into an abandoned junk yard and begin to play the Egypt Game. A game with ceremony's, oracles, and a secret code. After a while things start to get creepy and out of hand. What will happen to the Egypt Game?


My opinion of this story was it was alright. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. I thought it was alright because in some parts it was very interesting but in others it was BORING! I also thought it was pretty good because it gave a lot of description to the characters. The second thing I didn't like was how in some parts it left you hanging. If I were you, I would read this book!