Mr Marzola's Classroom Blog

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Egypt Game review:by Evan

Rating: 8 out of 10
Genre: realistic fiction
Author: Zilpha Keatly Snyder
Reviewed by: Evan Gardner
This book starts with a girl named April Hall, who moves into an apartment with her grandmother, Caroline, in a large university town in California. She meets a girl named Melanie Ross and finds they love everything about Egypt. Both of them find an old storage yard behind the unknown Professor's shop and play The Egypt Game, where they pretend they are in ancient times. Then, there are four more Egyptians, Elizabeth, Melanie's brother Marshall, Ken and Toby. They make costumes, think of names and make an oracle. Things get really creepy and Egypt's members are ready to call it quits.

This book is awesome and very exciting. I highly recommend it. I felt like I was in that situation and got very nervous, especially in between the middle and end of the story. I think it leads into the next book, The Gypsy Game, very well. I haven't read it, but based on how good The Egypt Game is, I can tell it will be another great one.