Mr Marzola's Classroom Blog

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Egypt Game Belinda

The Egypt Game
By Zilpha Keatly Snyder
Genre Realistic Fiction
Review by Belinda Chen
Rating 2 out of 5

The Egypt game tells of the adventure of six kids, all enthralled in Ancient Egypt. Melanie Ross searches for a friend, and soon finds April Dawn, a Hollywood girl now living at the Casa Rosada. As the girls bond through time, pretty soon they discover each other's interest in Ancient Egypt. From two to six, the number of Egyptians triple. All of a sudden the six Egyptians; Aida, Bastet, Marshomisis, Neferbeth, Ramose, and Horemheb find themselves in between stolen possessions, strange answers, and for one of them, a near-death experience.


Zilpha Keatly Snyder has written many other books besides the Egypt Game, like its companion "The Gypsy Game," and "The unseen." She also wrote " The Headless Cupid."
My opinion of the Egypt Game was that it wasn't one of my favorite books that I read, because it wasn't exciting till the end, when most of the action occurred, and all was revealed. I didn't like how the book was mostly about, how the friends met and their everyday lives, and ceremonies in Egypt. The author, in my opinion could've done less on the descriptions of the ceremonies, and more on the characters emotions, and actions.


I would give this book two out of five stars because like I said previously, I didn't really like the book. Some comments I had on how to improve this book was to stop using everyone's different types of view, because it gets to be confusing, like from the professor's to Toby's to Ken's .
I would say, if you like a good mystery,, and Egypt, this book will be a perfect companion for you.