Mr Marzola's Classroom Blog

Monday, January 01, 2007

Holly's December book review

Book: The Secret Language of Girls
Author: Frances O'Roark Dowell
Genre: Holly Rothweiler
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Reviewer: Holly

Love. Is that what the world is really all about? This is what two 11 year old girls- Kate and Marylin think about through all their troubles. The girls have always been best friends but boys and cheerleading are just some of the things that are working to break their friendship apart.

Kate does not even know if Marylin is even her friend anymore. Marylin has not talked to her for a while and Marylin is hanging out with the '' popular group'' lately. Marylin thinks Kate is acting a bit like a toddler. Kate thinks Marylin is acting like a popular snob. Secretly deep down inside they both are hoping, wishing, waiting, and wanting things to be how they used to be.

I really liked this book! One of the reasons I liked it so much was because I could relate to some of the friendship problems that the girls had. I also liked the book because everything really made sense to me because lots of things that happened at their school and the feelings they had about things happen at my school a lot. Also the book was sometimes funny. I would recommend that if you are a girl from ages 9-999 this would be a great book for you to read. I really enjoyed reading this book so that is why I gave it a 5 out of 5 stars.